Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Magazine Layout Designs

Once the photographs have been taken of the students final fashion collection, it is very important to design a page layout for the photographs to be printed on to. The idea of including the images onto a page spread is for many reasons; the most obvious being, the final collection can be seen by others and to help promote the students work. It is also a nice idea to influence the images with text; the text maybe an interview with the student about the making of their piece or it could be captions in which they felt inspired by in order to make their garments.

I think it’s important for a reader to understand what is going on, on the page in front of them. Some page layouts do not include any text and keep the page focused on the photographs but some layouts do include text to inform what is going on the page. Personally when I flick through journals or magazines I do prefer to see big prints with minimal text because I find I like to make my own judgement about what I see in front of me and not what somebody else wrote. It allows me to think more freely about the subject that I am viewing however I also think having text included in the layout design is informative for the reader and helps promote the designer with their name, brand and contact details.



This layout is an example of a fashion magazine page design. I like this page layout because the colours and tone of the image

No comments:

Post a Comment